Meet Ashley!

Hello!

I'm Ashley Velasquez and I am a Visual Communications major with minors in Animation and Comic Arts. In the little downtime that I steal between classes and volunteering, I love to go on hikes with my boyfriend, dance, and craft.

What amazes me is how intricate the natural world is. All of the animals have evolved specifically to survive, including us!

A person I look up to would be Steve Irwin and Bill Nye. Watching his shows since I was little has imprinted a love and respect for the natural world and to always be curious. Not only do I draw inspiration from nature and, but I would love to design infographics and other visuals to WOW the public. Through this, I would like to make them realize how wonderful and important wildlife is. Another inspiration has to be one of the most creative people, in my opinion, Walt Disney.

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney 

In terms of design as a career, I would love to make informational graphics or other designs for environmental or animal organizations. Especially the National Park Service or the California Academy of Sciences. If I wasn't a designer, I would probably bite the bullet and be a zoologist or marine biologist but I'm too bad at math for those fields, but I still have that passion!

Six keywords that would describe me would be adventurous, friendly, introverted, curious and ambitious.

Photo 1: Me in a beekeeping suit at Google Hives
Photo 2: Me in full-on feathers for SF's Carnaval in the mission
Photo 3: Me at the Gravenstein apple festival, tabling with Whole Foods
Photo 4-6: inspiration.


 .

Comments

  1. I like how you chose Bill Nye and Steve Irwin, cause those are the two people I grew up looking up to as well! Also Pixarfest is definitely on my list of events I would like to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley!

    Thank you for sharing about yourself. :) I also once thought about being a marine biologist, but that didn't work out for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool you want to do infographics. I find it super cool and interesting how the infographics are created and display. It takes a lot of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, Welcome to DES 505 Summer Session!

    Looking forward to working with you in 505

    Be sure to update your Journal Blog on a Weekly basis. As of date you should be posting Assign#1: Commenting on Six (6) 505 Peer Journal Blogs: Assign#2: List the Three (3) Existing 505 Projects you reviewed; Assign#3: List the Three (3) Proposed 505 Project Topics you created Problem/Purpose Statements; Design Thinking Class Activity: List Your Partner's Final Problem Statement & Proposed Solution > Scan Your Solution Concept Page

    Cheers,

    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill Nye is/was a huge influence on our generation. Go Science!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts