Second Week of 505

Today we chose one of three proposals to consider. My three chooses were a visual campaign against the stigma of mental health, a visual campaign to rebrand Animation Society and a project to change the visuals and identity of a school to make it more welcoming. In the end, I chose to pursue the mental health visual campaign but if they are too busy to adequately aid in the project in terms of information and guidance, I will go with Phill Evans and his revamp of the school in San Mateo County, which I grew up in. Throughout the week and after several over the phone discussion with both partners, I chose to go with the mental health campaign as I feel like I am more knowledgeable on the subject of mental health and I found that my partner would be very enjoyable to work with.

Edit: Even though Susan Chen and the Counseling Services were understaffed and overwhelmed, they kindly recommended me to the Promote Health and Wellness center where I will be doing their anti-stigma for a mental health campaign.

The last day of the week we were to make personas for the choice we were most likely to make our project, which for me was the mental health visual campaign. After we made our presentations on our personas, we started to do research on the topics of our choice. We started contacting our partners this week. I've talked to Susan Chen thrice over the phone and due to the counseling department being understaffed, she recommended me to the Health and Wellness Center at San Francisco State University for the mental health campaign they are trying to launch. They are responsible for activities such as therapy dogs and the semi-semester bouncy-obstacle course. Needless to say, I'm excited!


Below is my Problem/Purpose Statements for the week:


                                         

 

Comments

  1. Therapy doggies!! I'm glad you chose a topic that you are passionate about. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts